Any local farmer interested in farming all of the land available is asked to submit a sealed, written proposal to include the following:
- Proposed amount to be paid per acre
- Proposed payment schedule (e.g. twice per year, lump sum)
- Proposed crops to be planted during the time period
- Statement of maintaining liability insurance for farming operations on said premises in amounts not less than $100,000/$300,000 for bodily injury and $25,000 for property damage liability.
- Statement of maintaining Worker’s Compensation Insurance in compliance with the laws of Ohio.
All sealed bids shall be opened and reviewed on Thurs., Oct., 29, 2020 at 1 p.m. The winning proposal shall be notified via email and phone no later than Fri., Oct. 30, 2020 at 1 p.m.
The farmer with the winning proposal shall also be responsible for keeping a record of any and all soil improvements made to the land (e.g., fertilizers used), downed tree cleanup and broken tiles that may need repaired.