The specific tracts of land available to farm, all in Licking County, Ohio are highlighted on the attached map. This land lease will be available for one calendar year, effective March 15, 2019through March 15, 2020. If the land is deemed available for farming after this period, as ubsequent RFP shall be drafted for each year thereafter.
Any local farmer interested in farming all of the land available is asked to submit a sealed, written proposal to include the following:
- Proposed amount to be paid per acre
- Proposed payment schedule (e.g. twice per year, lump sum)
- Proposed crops to be planted during the time period
- Statement of maintaining liability insurance for farming operations on said premises in amounts not less than $100,000/$300,000 for bodily injury and $25,000 for property damage liability.
- Statement of maintaining Worker’s Compensation Insurance in compliance with the laws of Ohio.
All sealed bids shall be opened and reviewed on Thurs., Feb. 28 at 1 p.m. The winning proposal shall be notified via email and phone no later than Fri., March 1 at 1 p.m.
The farmer with the winning proposal shall also be responsible for keeping a record of any and all soil improvements made to the land (e.g., fertilizers used), downed tree cleanup and broken tiles that may need repaired.