The application for 2018 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp is now open.
The East Central Ohio ESC and Confucius Institute Classes at Licking Heights Schools is proud to offer the 2018 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp for American high school students. This two-week program is structured to enhance understanding between American and Chinese high school students. Through a combination of classroom study and excursions, students will have a unique opportunity to expand their language skills while experiencing China’s rich culture, tradition, and history.
The group will arrive in Beijing to attend the camp’s opening ceremony and then be assigned to a host school in Harbin.
The application deadline is Mon., Feb. 5, 2018.
Prospective Dates: June 15-30, 2018 (Specific agenda will be updated as information becomes available.)
Location: Beijing and Harbin
Cost: All costs in China, including room and board, transportation, activities and sightseeing will be covered by Hanban (Headquarters of Confucius Institute in China.)
Program participants are responsible for:
- Round trip international airfare (estimated $1,200)
- International travel insurance
- Visa application fee (estimated $300)
Eligibility: High School students must meet the following requirements:
- Have American citizenship
- Be in grades 8-12 (including graduating seniors)
- Have at least one semester of Chinese experience (non-native speakers of Chinese)
- Be healthy and able to travel internationally
How to apply:
Please contact Angel King, curriculum director, (740) 927-6926 with questions.
- Download, fill out, and submit the application document.
- Attach two teacher recommendation letters.
- Attach your statement about why you want to participate.
- Attach a copy of your passport's photo page or a copy of your passport application.
- Save all documents as one PDF.
- Email completed application pdf to Angel King (email@example.com) by Mon., Feb. 5.