In partnership with students, family, and community, Licking Heights Local School District ensures that all students acquire skills, knowledge, and expertise to succeed as effective citizens and workers in the 21st century.
- A School District that fosters the highest level of student learning and achievement.
- A School District with a diverse curriculum that builds on the individual strengths and needs of the child, utilizes innovative practices, and where methods of instruction, assessment, and leadership are responsive to students needs both in school and beyond the classroom.
- A School District where everyone is actively engaged in the educational process, high achievement is an expectation, and all students are motivated to think and solve problems critically, creatively, collaboratively and independently.
- A School District with open access to a diverse extra-curricular program designed to enhance an individual's strengths, character, and to facilitate the educational process that focuses on developing the entire child.
- A School District that works hard to develop and maintain diverse sources of funding that ensures adequate resources are available to accomplish the mission and objectives of the District.
- A School District that continues to be recognized statewide for its superior and innovative practices as a top academic institution, while continuing to be supported, valued, and promoted by a community that takes great pride in its tradition of excellence.
- A School District that is committed to promoting good citizenship, caring, compassion, responsibility, trustworthiness, and respect for self and others.
- A school that informs and enhances trust and support from our community to accomplish our mission and objectives.
The Educational Policy and Philosophy of the Licking Heights Local School shall reflect the ideal of local control and this community's tenets of basic traditional values. However, the educational program must have sufficient flexibility to provide for a higher quality of excellence which prepares students for living now, as well as in the future.
We believe that we should maintain in teaching and practice the fundamental concepts of American democracy. The development of the ability to think, to question, and act independently and creatively, within the framework of accepted moral standards, will result in a better understanding of the part played by the individual in society.
We recognize the academic, social, moral, physical, and aesthetic needs of individuals and feel that we must maintain a curriculum through which the well-rounded individual can satisfy these needs. Furthermore, while recognizing the desirability of reasonable uniformity of content within all sections of a given subject, we believe class content should be adjusted to suit individual needs and abilities.
To increase the effectiveness of the instructional program, each teacher should try new or different methods or techniques of instruction and make use of accepted studies relating to the learning process and the development of successful procedures. We believe athletics and other extra-curricular activities should be handled in such a manner as to enhance the academic program.
Courses of study should be developed for each educational department and reviewed and updated when the need for change arises. These guides should be approved by the Superintendent of Schools and adopted by the Board of Education before the course of study is entered into.
We must always keep in sight the fact that the schools belong to the people and that the community we serve must have its goals satisfied; however, our program must be that which meets the individual's needs in a changing world.